SATA problem

Hi

I have tried to install Debian on a SATA system. I can
successfully boot over the network (using current unstable
installer). It seems to discover the hardware as far as I can tell.
However, partitioning the SATA harddrives does not work using
the installer.

In the partitioning screen of the installer, I get the top four
menu points like
- RAID
- LVM
- guided partitioning
- help for partitioning

and the lower two
- revert
- end and write

Between the two menu sections, a list of hard drives and
partitions should appear (I guess). However, there is no such
list.

On the other hand, I was able to fdisk the two disk drives using
$ fdisk /dev/sda
On a subsequent try, the partitions are still on the drives and
are correctly recognized by the kernel as sda1 etc. However,
they still do not appear in the list of partitions.

Is there some kind of trick I can do to proceed with the
installation? Or do you need some more information?

Btw, I am using a ASUS A8N-VM CSM mainboard with a nVidia MCP51
SATA controller. The harddrive is a SAMSUNG SP2004C (according
to the boot message).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards
--