Re: sarge3 kernel build & r3

On Tuesday 06 June 2006 21:32, dann frazier wrote:
> I don't think its very likely that amd64/sarge will be added to
> debian.org,

I did not mean to imply that of course.

> but this is a good question for the amd64.debian.net maintainers.

The main reason we need to know is that the d-i source needs to be updated
for the ABI change and so we need to know if this update should happen
for AMD64 as well as for the other arches *before* we _upload_ it.

Also, from a CD building point of view amd64 is the same as other arches,
even if its packages reside on a different mirror. CDs for amd64 are
normally built at the same time as other arches and it would be nice if
they could follow the same timeline as the main archive.

If need be, the _build_ of the new installer images and the build of CDs
for AMD64 could be delayed, but preferably not.