Re: Translation errors in tzsetup

2006/1/18, Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org>:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 12:35:43AM +0900, Sunjae Park wrote:
> > Sorry, should have found out it myself, but....could you fill me in on
> > what is needed for ko-utf8?
>
> Sure. You have:
>
> E: tzsetup-udeb udeb: mismatch-translated-choices tzsetup/country/AQ choices-ko.utf-8
> E: tzsetup-udeb udeb: mismatch-translated-choices tzsetup/country/AU choices-ko.utf-8
> E: tzsetup-udeb udeb: mismatch-translated-choices tzsetup/country/BR choices-ko.utf-8
> E: tzsetup-udeb udeb: mismatch-translated-choices tzsetup/country/CA choices-ko.utf-8
> E: tzsetup-udeb udeb: mismatch-translated-choices tzsetup/country/RU choices-ko.utf-8
> E: tzsetup-udeb udeb: mismatch-translated-choices tzsetup/country/US choices-ko.utf-8

Yeah I know what files I have to fix, but didn't know how.

> #. Type: select
> #. Choices
> #. Timezones for US.
> #.
> #. TRANSLATORS PLEASE NOTE: The msgid below looks strange because it is
> #. a list of filenames (in /usr/share/zoneinfo). Do not translate the filenames.
> #. Instead translate the English text which is displayed to the user instead
> #. of these filenames. Also, many place names will not need translation
> #. from the English text, but some parts may be translatable.
> #.
> #. The English text to translate for this list of timezones is:
> #. Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific, Alaska, Hawaii, Arizona, East Indiana, Samoa
> #: ../common.templates:343
> msgid ""
> "US/Eastern, US/Central, US/Mountain, US/Pacific, US/Alaska, US/Hawaii, US/"
> "Arizona, US/East-Indiana, US/Samoa"
> msgstr ""
> "미국/동부, 미국/중부, 미국/산악, 미국/태평양, 미국/대서양, 미국/하와이,미국/"
> "애리조나, 미국/동인디애나, 미국/사모아"
>
> As the comment says, instead of translating "US/Pacific", you should be
> translating "Pacific", and so on.

I see. I didn't know the "US" part was the "filenames" the comment was
referring to. I will fix them as soon as I return home.

--
Sunjae Park(daréhanl)

We choose to go to the moon and do the other things, not because they
are easy, but because they are hard.
                                     - John F. Kennedy -