Re: ancient ieee80211/ipw2200 drivers in recent kernel (2.6.14)

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 11:58:17PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 November 2005 21:04, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > Are there major changes from .14 to .15? If not, we should be able to
> > > change over to .15 relatively fast.
> >
> > .15 will bring a non-negligible amount of change to powerpc, going from
> > ARCH=ppc|ppc64 to ARCH=powerpc, which may entail modifications in the
> > boot-wrapper and kernel with builtin initrds, and maybe some subarch
> > being broken or partially broken. But we are/will be working on the -rc
> > releases in experimental, so hopefully this will work out fast, apus
> > may only be there a couple of weeks after the .15 release though.
>
> Well, to be honest I'm not too worried about ppc as it has good support.

Yeah, but the change from ARCH=ppc | ARCH=ppc64, to a single re-unified
ARCH=powerpc kernel will not go without glitch, especially for the lesser
subarches (oldworld, prep, apus come to mind), and may cause some sever
disfunction in even the mainline arches, let's hope this will be resolved
before the 2.6.15 release though. I know i will already have to do some
adaptation on the pegasos for the interrupt handling and the serial port for
example.

> Please keep d-boot informed if anything really unexpected crops up.

I will, no problem.

Friendly,

Sven Luther