Re: ancient ieee80211/ipw2200 drivers in recent kernel (2.6.14)

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 12:49:28PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 November 2005 11:44, Maximilian Attems wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 06:22:17PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> > > Ok, so I should just go ahead and put my patch into the 2.6.14 branch?
> > > Or should we leave it as 2.6.15 probably isn't that far away... maybe
> >
> > depends if d-i will base itself on 2.6.14 for next beta
> > than it's maybe nicer to have those ancient than nothing.
>
> We will use whatever is in testing at the time of the release. So it
> depends very much on when 2.6.15 will be uploaded (and even if 2.6.14
> will have moved to testing before then).
>
> Are there major changes from .14 to .15? If not, we should be able to
> change over to .15 relatively fast.

.15 will bring a non-negligible amount of change to powerpc, going from
ARCH=ppc|ppc64 to ARCH=powerpc, which may entail modifications in the
boot-wrapper and kernel with builtin initrds, and maybe some subarch being
broken or partially broken. But we are/will be working on the -rc releases in
experimental, so hopefully this will work out fast, apus may only be there a
couple of weeks after the .15 release though.

> My preliminary target for d-i beta2 is 2nd half of January. We'll need at
> least .14 in testing for the release.

Should be nice, i think.

Friendly,

Sven Luther