Re: base-config shrinking again and again

Joey Hess wrote:
> I've already done some work to let tasksel run under d-i's debconf.
> However, installing the tasks there will require some apt changes so
> that its progress information can be parsed and translated to a progress
> bar and the package's debconf questions passed through. IIRC there is
> code out there for all of this but I don't know when it will become
> available in the packaged apt.

It's already in apt in unstable I'm told, install apt-doc and read
/usr/share/doc/apt-doc/README.progress-reporting

Also, mvo tells me that there is already code in synaptic that uses it.
And IIRC ubuntu already has code to make it generate a debconf progress
bar.

So we should be able to get this going without too much trouble, fingers
crossed, but we will need to wait for the stuff to reach testing before
being able to use it.

--
see shy jo