Re: Failed unstable install with a home-built netboot image

On Saturday 26 November 2005 16:06, Christian Perrier wrote:
> I was testing a netboot install (with the intent of testing
> user-setup) and I got a failure when rebooting the system before 2nd
> stage.

Is that in vmware installing sid? If so see #336392.
I've just upgraded to vmware 5.5 which offers LSI SCSI and because of that
does not have the problem anymore.

You can work around it using the following procedure:
- At last dialog before reboot, switch to VT2
- chroot /target
- mount proc and sys
- edit /etc/yaird/Defalt.cfg and add a line "MODULES BusLogic"
- dpkg-reconfigure linux-image-2.6.14-2-686 (or similar)
- exit
- Finish installation