tests to reduce memory

hello

whith my last test, i succeed to install d-i with 18Mb of ram (test only with floppies)

i make different modifications to pass the test:
1) i use cpio in rootskel/src-bootfloppy/init
this avoid to use loop module, and to double memory used
see di-rootskel-bootfloppy-cpio.diff.gz
and in busybox/config-floppy-udeb-linux, i activate only:
CONFIG_CPIO=y
CONFIG_GUNZIP=y

i do not test it with a bootfloppy and a usb key.
and the root initrd floppy/usb must be a cpio archive
i think if we can put 2.6 on floppy, it will be more easier
so this option is just a draft

2) i modify main-menu to enable to execute some pre and post scripts associated to a menu-item
see di-main-menu-pre-post.diff.gz
this is useful for lowmem to install base-installer, grub-installer,... after partman-base menu-item
i think this solution can be used for other functionalities

3) i add a remove option to udpkg
see di-udpkg-1.03-with-remove/diff.gz
with the test 2, we can remove previous menu-item during installation => another level in lowmem => reduce memory used ;) (not used in the test with 18Mb)

4) i recode lowmem in anna.c

this is where am i in tesing lowmem options

your comments are welcomed

sylvain