Re: Creating Debian install repository from ISO images

Thanks to all responded. So I got the problem now, I will write a small shell script to do the job (extracting, merging, etc) and see how it goes now.

- Naveen

On 11/24/05, Eddy Petrisor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> wrote:
Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 07:12:42PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
>
>>You cannot just copy stuff and expect to get a valid archive.
>

> Certainly the Packages file would be overwritten by each new cd
> extracted/copied that way.  Not merged which is what would be necesary
> to make it work.

That will require running dpkg-scanpackages in order to recreate
correctly, or just do:

cat dists/unstable/main/binary-<arch>/Packages >>
/mirror/dists/unstable/main/binary-<arch>/Packages

P.S.: I am not sure if the command above will need some tweaking (echo
>>/mirror/..../Packages between the ones above) or if they would work
imediately; what I know for sure is that I did the trick with
dpkg-scanpackages on woody, and it worked. FWIW, I don't see any reason
for it not to work.

--
Regards,
EddyP