Re: [g-i] Using ttf-arabeyes as a test case for font udebs

Christian Perrier wrote:
so do we need five different udebs to replace each one of the five tarballs
we currently use ?

We'll need one udeb per source package. So, if a package provides more
than one font, then we only need one udeb from it.

My main point is whether we need something else than the TTF file.

ok, so we'll need four binary udeb packages for non latin fonts: ttf-arabeyes, ttf-indic (provides both ttf-devanagari and ttf-punjabi fonts), ttf-unfonts, xfonts-wqy. Note that some font sets like ttf-devanagari are made of more than a single .ttf file. I think .ttf files are enough since a script run at debian-installer boot time takes care of generating font cache files needed by libfreetype and others.

Attilio