Re: Changing the kernel to be installed.

Package: debian-installer, base-installer, kernel-installer
Version: SCM
Severity: wishlist

> > Just before the grub installation, the debian installer download the
> > 2.6.8-2 default kernel. I want to know how to change the downloaded
> > kernel version.
>
> The kernel used is determined by base-installer which just checks what's
> available.

That reminds me to the annoyance of doing complete base install again
whenever kernel install failed.

Please split kernel-install from base-install.

Now that d-i is more mature,
people will what to change the kernel to be installed.

Having kernel-installer in a separate programm
will benefit those development.

Cheers
Geert Stappers