Re: Changing the kernel to be installed.

On Friday 18 November 2005 20:23, Geert Stappers wrote:
> > Just before the grub installation, the debian installer download the
> > 2.6.8-2 default kernel. I want to know how to change the downloaded
> > kernel version.
>
> I think you have to start a packages/kernel/kernel-wedge
> in the debian-installer source tree.

No, kernel-wedge has nothing to do with what kernel version is used for
the installed system.

The kernel used is determined by base-installer which just checks what's
available. If you are installing Sarge, the only kernels it will find are
2.4.27 and 2.6.8. If you want a newer kernel you will need to install it
manually from VT2 or install testing (Etch).

Cheers,
FJP