Re: Testing a new udeb: best method?

On Tuesday 15 November 2005 18:37, Christian Perrier wrote:
> I began working on user-setup, a udeb package which supposedly will
> replace the very temporary initial-passwd-udeb package we released
> along with shadow.

I talked with Joey about this on IRC and he is not convinced that this
actually needs a udeb.
The alternative would probably be a regular package that is run in
the /target chroot (using the passthrough interface). However, maybe
doing it in an udeb is still be the best solution if there is no usecase
for ever running the package on an installed system.
Could the package be useful, e.g. after setting up a system with
debootstrap?

> Am I using the best method for these testings and in fact, why do my
> tests fail?

AFAIK, if the udeb is correct, including it in the mini iso should work.
Did you look in /var/lib/cdebconf/templates to see if the templates are
there?