Re: Plugins feature for yaird.

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 02:18:14AM +0100, Erik van Konijnenburg wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 11:55:37AM +0100, Marco Amadori wrote:
> > Another question, could you use already setup svn for yaird? there is already
> > a yaird subversion repo in d-i alioth svn.
>
> As Sven noted, that's part of kernel tree; it includes the debian parts,
> not only the core.
>
> At the moment, I'm using TLA for development on a machine behind a proxy.

> * I can mirror the TLA history to a public site quickly;
>   this format is designed to make it easy to work in a distributed manner:
>   produce patches for dmraid that can be incorporated upstream real simple,
>   build adapted versions with bug fixes and debian control files.
>   You can start your own archive based on the original; you archive
>   will have no limitations that the original doesn't have.
>
> * Migrate to bazaar-ng.  This has the same advantages as TLA,
>   plus the user interface is easier to get started with.
>   It would mean a loss of history though, haven't got the tailor tool
>   working properly.  Plus, it claims to be only a beta, with a format
>   upgrade planned somewhere around 1.0.  And it would take me a bit more
>   testing to publish, I haven't studied bazaar-ng in depth.
>   (Then again, yaird does not yet claim stable status either,
>   bazaar-ng is selfhosting and it's used heavily in ubuntu.)
>
> * Migrate to SVN.  Uhm, back to the centralised model,
>   it's a less than completely irresistible option.
>   Perhaps the tailor package could create a gateway ...
>
> The quickest way to make a repository available would be for me to mirror
> the TLA archive; this has zero information loss due to migration, so it's
> easy to switch to something better once that becomes available.

Once Jonas sets up the alioth account he has been speaking of, he can ask for
a TLA archive there, and you can just put your stuff in it i suppose. I
personally prefer the simpolicity of SVN over TLA, but i guess the distributed
nature of TLA has its advantages.

/me is using darcs locally here for this reason too.

Friendly,

Sven Luther