Re: Problems with debian-installer

(dropping debian-cd on this)

On Monday 14 November 2005 21:26, Joey Hess wrote:
> Frans Pop wrote:
> > The netinst CD _does_ contain all packages needed to install the base
> > system. When installing using a netinst, you do not need a network
> > connection until after the reboot.
>
> Of course if we do away with base-config that distiction will become a
> very fine line.

And if you apt-setup (using the new udeb) a mirror when installing from a
netinst, you will need a network connection in first stage.

I just realize that this is something we need to think about, e.g. for ppl
using pppoe who currently have to configure their network connection
after reboot and thus don't have networking in 1st stage.