Re: [D-I] Supporting 2.6.14 kernels in base-installer

Sven Luther wrote:
> Well, so what ? I mean, the netinst on powerpc is around 240MB or so, no, what
> is 8MB more or less ?

One could file a bug report about that, since it means that the powerpc
netinst CD is not able to fit on the mini-cd media that netinst CDs are
designed for, which IIRC max out somewhere under 200 mb.

> Yeah, so, we don't offer the user choice of grub or lilo right now ?

We do so only because there is no one choice that will work in all
situations. And we automtically detect most of the situations where one
won't work and use the other. And this already makes it twice as hard to
fully test the i386 installer; adding two choices for initrd generation
would make it four times as hard.

--
see shy jo