Re: Strange keyboard handling in the GTK installer: Shift not working

Christian Perrier wrote:
Today, I tried to use the alpha GTK installer released along with D-I
beta1.

I did choose fr_FR.UTF-8 as locale, then choose a French keyboard
layout.

However, when it caem at entering the proxy erver of our network, I
noticed that the keyboard handling was quite strange:

The keyboard layout appeared to be the usual AZERTY layout of the
French keyboard.....but the Shift key did not work at all.

So, I had very hard times entering characters like numbers, "/", "."
which all require using the Shift key on a French keyboard layout.

Actually, it seemed that the Shift key was doing absolutely
nothing....Even Shift+E just gave "e", not "E".

Is this some known bug of the GTKFB thing?

Just today Mike Emmel reported a similar, bug related to arrow keys
"On the gtk 2.8 side there is one bug where the screen does not get
focus then the arrow keys don't work plus of course my strange mouse
bug."
I'll send Mike a link to your bugreport.

Attilio