Strange keyboard handling in the GTK installer: Shift not working

Today, I tried to use the alpha GTK installer released along with D-I
beta1.

I did choose fr_FR.UTF-8 as locale, then choose a French keyboard
layout.

However, when it caem at entering the proxy erver of our network, I
noticed that the keyboard handling was quite strange:

The keyboard layout appeared to be the usual AZERTY layout of the
French keyboard.....but the Shift key did not work at all.

So, I had very hard times entering characters like numbers, "/", "."
which all require using the Shift key on a French keyboard layout.

Actually, it seemed that the Shift key was doing absolutely
nothing....Even Shift+E just gave "e", not "E".

Is this some known bug of the GTKFB thing?