Re: gtk amd64 mini.iso

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 04:10:53PM +0100, Davide Viti wrote:

> > > same here; I use qemu to emulate an AMD64 machine, so I probably
> > > can't help very much with debugging (it' too slow)
> >
> > You need to do Ctr+Alt+F[2-4].
> >
> > I don't think who brings in this Alt -> Ctr+Alt, i believe it may be a gtk
> > thingy, since this is the X combo needing to switch consoles, but it would be
> > nice to have the old behavior back.
>
> actually I was meaning ctrl+alt+F[2-4]: If I use such a combination of keys
> the frontend is restarted (probably it crashes before)

Yes, indeed.

Maybe we could solve this by "freezing" the frontend when leaving the console
? I understand this only happens if you are updating the frontend while you
are away from the console, and i suppose the crash happens while writing the
framebuffer while you are away from it.

Friendly,

Sven Luther