Re: Problems with debian-installer

On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 04:43:08PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Saturday 12 November 2005 12:59, Wojciech Zabołotny wrote:
> > I'm using the netinst
> > CD:http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/etch_d-i/i386/beta1/de
> >bian-testing-i386-netinst.iso Debian packages are made available over
> > the apt-proxy (running on the single machine with Internet
> > connectivity).
>
> The netinst CD _does_ contain all packages needed to install the base
> system. When installing using a netinst, you do not need a network
> connection until after the reboot.

This is a serious communication problem we have, as many many people seem to
be stumbling on this problem. netinst is an very unintuitive name for this, as
it is less networked than both the businesscard and the netboot.

One solution would be to rename them to base-installation (baseinst), which
would be more logical, but probably a technical or documentation nightmare at
this time ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther