Installing Sarge

I have been using Potato and Woody with tremendous success.
Then I tried installing Sarge with disastrous results.
I expected Sarge to be easy to install, just like Potato
and Woody.

First I tried installing a console system with defaults.
That didn't work.  Then I tried installing as an expert.
I reached the same point in the install, and then it
failed.

The most unusual part about my system is that it is
very old.  My system bus is 33 MHz.  I have an old
ISA motherboard.  My disk controller is simple IDE,
ATAPI.  Woody had no trouble with my hardware.  I
didn't have to do anything special with it.

Since the system doesn't boot, I can't copy any log
files to this message.  I'm writing this on Slackware.

Here are the steps of the install:

Language: American English
Country: USA
Keyboard: USA standard.
Modules selected:
   Linux floppy
   ide-core
   ide-generic
   ide-disk
   ide-cd
   isofs
   (pcmcia was not selected)
Scanning CD-ROM: CD-ROM detected
Low priority modules: none
Detect network hardware:
   Deselected USB storage
   Deselected PCMCIA
   Selected ne2000 irq=5 io=0x300
   Received error while running
      modprobe -v ne irq=5 io=0x300 (This works in Slackware)
Configure the network: skipped this step
Confirmed to deselect USB storage
Detect hardware: no problem
Partition disks:
   Manually edited the partition table.
   Edited swap and ext2 partitions to force the format.
   Used defaults for each.
   Wrote changes to disk.
Formatted swap and root file systems.
Install base system:
   Selected 2.4 kernel for i386
Installed GRUB.
Finish installation: no problem.
Storing language: no problem.
CD-ROM was ejected.
Removed the System Boot Manager floppy.
Received "Saving logs and rebooting"
Reboot froze after getting the following messages:
   "Urandom start failed"
   "Done"
   "Recovering NVI editor sessions...done"

Where do I go from here?  I'd like to nurse the
Debian system up and running as my main system.

Thanks,

dondalah@ripco.com