Re: Installing on an older iMac

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 12:42:00PM +1100, David Creelman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install Debian on an older iMac I've got hold of, but I've run into all sorts of problems.

That would be a 32bit imac, which variety, the crt one or the sunflower model ?

> I tried using the etch installer before reading the known bug reports for it. the images won't work yet. Not ready for public consumption yet. No worries. I can wait a while.

Well, the issues should be fixed for the etch beta1, so it should be ok, but
it would be nice if you could test the latest netinst cds, fix went in on
tuesday.

Please give also :

  http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/gtkdi/images/daily/powerpc/gtk-miniiso/mini.iso

a try, this is the graphical installer and should work just fine for you.

> Tried to use the sarge release but it didn't find the network (all my other boxes can,don't know what's wrong here).

Mmm, strange, this should have worked. What model do you have exactly, and
make sure to file an installation report :

  http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/report-template

> After looking on the Wiki, it says to try sid_di installs, where would I find these. Can't find any pointers to them.

Should be linked from here :

Friendly,

Sven Luther