Re: [Debian-ppc64-devel] p520 xorg matrox

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 04:49:33PM +0100, Jose Julian Noheda wrote:
> 2005/11/10, Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>:
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 03:40:06PM +0100, Jose Julian Noheda wrote:
> > > We are installing the test debian ppc64.
> > >
> > > System boots and works ok.
> > > Next step is start the X. It don't work, xorg report device not found.
> >
> > Did you try also the real debian on it :
> >
> > (cd booting)
> >
> > http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/powerpc/current/debian-testing-powerpc-netinst.iso
>

> this is our distro installed
> debian-testing-powerpc-netinst.iso from 3 november 2005

Ok.

> > Also, since the debian kernel has matroxfb built-in, it would also be
> > helpfull
> > if you could try booting the graphical installer, and reported success or
> > failure on it :
> >
> > http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc64/netboot64/

Could you give this one a try ? I mean just booting it, maybe use the mini.iso
or netboot the yaboot stuff from your tftp server. You don't need to install,
it should be enough to go to the language questions.

> > This is i belive an X.org <http://X.org> bug, and you should file a
> > bugreport against the
> > xorg-xserver package, by calling :
> >
> > reportbug xserver-xorg
> >
> > and following instructions.

Ok, then it is definitively a issue you should report against the xserver-xorg
package, or follow up on debian-x, as it is an issue of them.

> > BTW, i would be interested in the /proc/cpuinfo of that box, could you
> > provide
> > it ?
>

> cat /proc/cpuinfo
> processor : 0