Problem installing an AMD64 system with Broadcom NIC

I am trying to install a machine using the SID DI business card image for
AMD64.

This machine has two Broadcom NICs on it (10/100/Gb) which would normally
be driven using the TG3 driver.  I know there are problems with this driver on
Debian, but the Wiki suggests that a stripped down version of this module is
supposed to be on the install disks.

But modprobe says it can not find it.  Any ideas.

Having failed to find that I tried a USB NIC, which would be driven on an I386
system by the Pegasus driver.  But again modprobe says that it can not find
the pegasus driver.

If I let the system autodetect the hardware then it correctly identifies the
tg3 driver as required, and does not even attempt the USB pegasus driver.

Firstly is this the right list to ask this question, or is there a more
specific AMD64 list?

Secondly, has any one got any ideas as to how I should proceed?

Thanks in advance

David