Re: [powerpc] daily-builds of the gtk-d-i available (Was: gtk d-i miniiso rebuilt) Netboot fails on PB G3

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 10:44:03PM +0100, Niklaus Giger wrote:
> Am Montag, 7. November 2005 11.16 schrieb Sven Luther:
> > On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 05:49:28AM +0200, Eddy Petrişor wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have just updated the miniiso with the graphical debian installer for
> > > powerpc.
> > >
> > > Image is available for download :
> > > http://eddyp.homelinux.net/debian/miniiso/mini-20051105-powerpc.iso
> > >
> > > the build log is in there too:
> > > http://eddyp.homelinux.net/debian/miniiso/build_20051105_mklibs-copy.log
> >
> > I have enhanced the powerpc daily-builder to also produce the gtk mini-iso,
> > images are now available from :
> >
> >   http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/gtkdi/images
> >
> > I will not build them at the same hour than the normal d-i builds, but they
> > should be be built daily. Enjoy and test, and i hope this whole stuff can
> > be merged soon into official d-i.
> >
> > Friendly,
> >
> > Sven Luther
> I tried netbooting on a Pismo Powerbook G3 and it failed. It showed:
> Elf32 kernel loaded...
> method 'load' failed 00000300
> ramdisk load failed!
> <goes into OpenFirmware>
> Is the ramdisk to big?
> I uses your vmlinux/initrd.gz as of November 8

Yes, you need ramdisk_size=20000 or so (well, it used to be 19643 or
something, i use 32000 myself just to be on the safe side.

> Same picture trying the netboot on a PowerMac B/W.
>
> On the PowerMac B/W I have a working CD drive and the MiniISO started up,
> something as I see only small square in the middle of a blue screen. Do you
> want a picture of it?

BTW, how much ram do you have on those machines ? Also, what framebuffer
device are you using, and yes, a picture would be welcome.

Friendly,

Sven Luther