Re: libgtk+2.0-directfb0-udeb_2.0.9.2-3_i386.udeb misses libpixbufloader-xyz.so

Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:

Frans Pop wrote:

On Sunday 09 October 2005 12:32, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:

This is strange, since when i build libgtk+-directfb from scratch
(2.0.9 or 2.8.3 both) that dir and libpixbufloader-xyz.so are created
automatically in the build tree.

Anyway soft-linking to a proper "loaders" directory from my own libs
build  solved the problem and the png image could be displayed
correctly using libgtk+2.0-directfb0-udeb_2.0.9.2-3_i386.udeb.

They are not missing in the udeb; they are just not in the expected location. The udeb has them in /usr/lib instead.

I have added this same softlink in the root tarball for now as a workaround. I now also get the logo when I build the miniiso :-)
(New tarball uploaded to alioth.)

ok, same for me

Alastair, could you please investigate why that dir is missing? should
it be provided by your udeb or by what else?

The alternative would probably be to modify the config file in the root tarball to point to /usr/lib instead. However, I agree with you that it is probably cleaner to follow the normal tree structure used by gtk libs.

afaik this is the standard tree for gtk 2.x builds, so i think it's better follow it.

ciao

attilio

Hi,

I'm quite happy to create a loaders directory and put the libs into it;
anyone know why the files are in /usr/lib in the gtk 2.x builds case ?
I'll CC: the Debian gnome list ( pkg-gnome-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org) and ask them why they use a loaders directory.

Regards
Alastair