Re: Please participate in popularity-contest

* Margarita Manterola [Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:53:46 -0300]:

> Heh, this doesn't solve the problem that most desktop systems aren't
> turned on at that time, because most desktop users won't read this
> mail, and therefore won't install anacron.

> A better solution (from my point of view, of course), would be to
> change the popcon crontab's entry, so that it runs at a time when most
> computers are turned on (this is difficult to guess, of course, but
> maybe 15:00 ?).  After all, it's not a cpu-intensive, or other
> resource-intensive task, and can run at any other moment.

  Or even better, make sure d-i installs anacron for desktop systems.
  That could be the case already, I'm not sure. CC'ing debian-boot to
  hear something from them.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

When it is not necessary to make a decision, it is necessary not to make
a decision.