Re: usb or ps2 keyboard choice source

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 13:25, Geert Stappers wrote:
> Assuming you have the debian-installer tree from SVN available[1],
> then check 'kbd-chooser' or its successor 'localechooser',
> both are in the 'packages' directory.

Localechooser is _not_ the successor to kbd-chooser. localechooser is the
successor to languagechooser and countrychooser. kbd-chooser remains a
separate component.

Autodetection between PS/2 and USB really only happens if you boot using
the 2.6 kernel. If you boot using the 2.4 kernel, both are set to
"unknown" and preference is given to PS/2. In most cases this is correct
as PC USB keyboards have in fact a "general PC" or "PS/2" keymap. Only
original Macintosh USB keyboards (and I think Sun USB keyboards) have an
usb-mac layout.

Cheers,
FJP