Re: graphic installation to debian

Maybe we should simply start by giving every question an appropriate description / extended description ( example: the disk partitioning tool lacks extended descriptions for many questions and "short" descriptions are not used the correct way). This would require no hacks to the debconf protocol and would allow better usability of the debian installer: the GTK frontend offers a place where to display the extended description of the active question and we cannot leave it blank!

Joey Hess wrote:
Otavio Salvador wrote:

Maybe we should change debconf to display a message when we hve
multiselect templates explain how the user should do to mark an iten
and how to continue.

This is more complex to implement in debconf than it might appear. I
poked ar it for an hour and gave up. Will accept patches.