Re: AMD Sampron Processor

On Sunday 19 June 2005 15:56, Ramesh Kumar wrote:
> I am Rameshkumar. I had a laptop of AMD Sempron Processor. I am very
> interested to Install Debian Woody Linux in it.
>
> Do you we have any separate Debian woody version for AMD. If it so
> please give me the link. Let me download it. I am very interested to
> use it.

The current stable version of Debian is sarge, not woody.

I'm not sure if AMD Sempron is a 32 bit or a 64 bit processor.
If it is a 32 bit processor, you want the "normal" i386 version [1].
If it is a 64 bit processor, you can also use the unofficial AMD64 port
[2].

[1] http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/
[2] http://www.debian.org/ports/amd64/

Cheers,