Re: RFC: Change handling of priorities and install options

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 09:51:28PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> Personally I'm a fan of medium priority installs. Allows me to skip the
> DHCP probe when I'm testing from qemu, allows me to switch to VT2 to do
> stuff before/after each step.
> I also see a lot of users who go "hey, I'm an experienced user, so I
> should boot expert", while in most cases medium prio would be better
> suited.

> So I'd like to make "expert" installations run at medium prio by default.
> This means we need a new mechanism to select low prio,

I think we already have another mechanism: setting the debconf priority
explicitly on the kernel commandline.  I don't see any reason why someone
who wants super-crazy-detailed install wouldn't be willing to do this.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer