Keyboard on SunBlade 100 finally working? (was: hung at Choose Language with sarge-sparc-netinst CD)

On Thursday 10 March 2005 17:06, tom scott wrote:
> I'm trying to install debian sparc sarge on a Sun Blade 100. From the
> OBP prompt I give the "boot cdrom" command and the booting begins. When
> a window named Choose Language appears the system hangs.

Are you sure it really hangs? We've had several reports for Sun Blade 100
installations using usb keyboards where it's just the keyboard not
working...

> Opps, I just tried the daily build ISO (current 2005-03-10) with the
> Daewoo monitor and it worked. Then I reconnected (hot swapped) the Sun
> monitor and it worked too. Someone at debian.org must have made a
> change between the RC2 image dated 2004-11-22 and 2005-03-10 that made
> the difference. Just thought I'd post a thanks note. (just for the sake
> of curiosity, could you tell me what that change might be? in layman's
> terms?)

Do you mean it really 'just works' now? After booting, you get the
language menu and can select the proper language? Console switching works
too? No problems during or after keyboard selection?

In that case it could be that finally the keyboard support problem is
solved :-)
The change was adding an udeb with usb support on the CD and some other
stuff to load the proper drivers.

Could you please try an installation after RC3 is released (should be
within the next few days)? No need to finish the installation, just
proceed up to network configuration.

Cheers,
FJP