Re: resizing hfs+ partition

tags 294773 + upstream
thanks

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 08:45:07PM +0100, K.G. wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:41:42 +0100
> > BTW, i have a bug report telling me that there is no support for journaled
> > HFS+, could you comment on this ?
> >
> > Friendly,
> >
> > Sven Luther
> >

> This is true, although this is more a feature request than a bug report :)
> I've already written the code to handle journals some month ago, but it
> needs a few more tests
> ( the code is at http://xilun.nerim.net/Projet/Parted/Beta/ )

Indeed. I wonder if Victor would be willing to test this on his new minimac.
Victor, maybe you could create a smallish hfs+ journaled partition for testing
this ?

BTW, what about porting it to the development branch of the parted CVS ? Now
that the hfs+ patches have been merged in ?

> For the moment an easy solution is to desactivate the journal with mac os x
> disk utils (or command line tools) before resizing, and activating it back after.

That is what he did, worked well. Should maybe be added to debian-installer
errata files for now ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther