Re: installer still not in Sarge ?

From: Bob Hutchinson <hutchlists@midwales.com>

> On Monday 07 Feb 2005 08:10, xerces8 wrote:
> > From: Justin Pryzby <justinpryzby@users.sourceforge.net>

> > >   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > > Do you still get that message with your more recent install CD?
> >
> > I checked and yes, I get that.
> > It appears the kernel does not find my HD ( and the IDE controller,
> > it is a Promise PDC 20276); hard to tell as the messages fly off the
> > screen too fast. ( any idea how to view them ? )
>
> Not SATA by any chance?
> That requires initrd, so it can boot from a ramdisk and get the SATA drivers
> going
> Just a thought
>

> > Besides , I tried the RC2 installer CD and it works. So how integrated is
> > it ?

I moved my HD to a VIA IDE adapter and there it all works.
So it seems the PDC driver is lost somewhere.

(BTW, none of the suggestions for looking at kernel messages work, as they
don't work after a kernel panic. ctrl-S does not work either during kernel startup )

So, why is the PDC driver not used ? Whom should I bug ?
Just file a bug ? ( they are already drowning in them, I believe ;-)

Again, this is with debian official weekly binary from 20050125

Regards,
David