Re: List of packages needing updates for variable substitutions

Christian Perrier wrote:
> I've looked at scripts/testing-summary/annotations list, but I don't
> really know whether I should add all the packages which had updates
> after the variable substitution erros squashing party of Sunday Jan 30th.

Well not until they are in the archive anyway, as that page does not
track packages until then.

> The list is H.U.G.E....and we may have hard times just building all
> these packages.

Let's see which ones are already branched in trunk vs which ones could
be released from trunk to sarge.. I did some of the releases as I was
going through the list.

> arch/alpha/aboot-installer
	0.0.19 released from trunk, ok for sarge.
> arch/hppa/palo-installer
	0.0.7 has some new changes from Colin, which I'd just as soon
	avoid in sarge due to lack of testing. Better to apply the
	translation fixes to the sarge branch and release that.
> arch/i386/grub-installer
	1.08 has some new changes from me, which only affect lvm 1 and
	which I'd just as soon avoid in sarge due to lack of testing.
	Better to apply the translations fixes to the sarge branch and
	release that.
> arch/i386/lilo-installer
	1.07 released from trunk, ok for sarge.
> arch/ia64/elilo-installer
	1.3 in unstable is probably safe though not really needed for
	rc3.
	1.4 is unreleased and has more changes, which I'd just as soon
	avoid for sarge.
	Probably best to merge 1.3 to sarge branch and then apply the
	translations to there and release a 1.3.1. Or test the pending
	1.4.
> arch/mips/arcboot-installer
	Needs a release from trunk, will be ok for sarge. (ths
	uploading)
> arch/mipsel/delo-installer
	Needs a release from trunk, will be ok for sarge. (ths or tbm
	uploading)
> arch/s390/dasd
	0.0.11 in trunk has template naming and other changes that I
	don't see a need to put in sarge. Better to apply the
	translation fixes to sarge branch and release that.
> arch/s390/netdevice
	0.0.8 ditto as s390-dasd.
> arch/sparc/silo-installer
	1.00 was just released and has changes I'm unsure of.
	We either need to get that tested until we're sure it's ok for
	sarge, or superscede it with an upload from the sarge branch
	with the translation fixes.
> autopartkit
	1.07 released from trunk, ok for sarge, assuming libparted
	changes get in. (1.06 had the libparted changes.)
> base-installer
	Trunk is forked with post-sarge changes. Translation fixes
	should be applied to sarge branch and released.
> cdebconf
	Trunk is forked with post-sarge changes. Translation fixes
	should be applied to sarge branch and released.
> cdrom-checker
	1.03 released from trunk, probably will be ok for sarge.
> cdrom-detect
	1.04 released from trunk, ok for sarge.
> choose-mirror
	1.05 released from trunk, ok for sarge.
> ddetect
	1.14 released from trunk, ok for sarge.
> iso-scan
	1.04 in trunk has a few changes, it might be better to apply the
	translation fixes to sarge branch and release that.
> kbd-chooser
	1.09 has usb change that I've not yet decided about for sarge.
	Doesn't help that it's not yet built on arm, i386, or mips,
	nearly a month after its upload. Unsure what to do.
> localechooser
	post-sarge.
> lvmcfg
	1.06 released from trunk, ok for sarge.
> mdcfg
	1.09 released from trunk, ok for sarge.
> netcfg
	1.08 in trunk has several changes, untested. Better to apply
	translation fix to sarge branch and release from there.
> network-console
	0.0.11 includes a security fix and is oked for sarge.
	0.0.12 in trunk has template name changes that I slighyly would
	prefer to avoid.
	Unsure what to do, possibly merge 0.0.11 to sarge branch, along
	with template fixes, and release from there. Or go with 0.0.12.
> nobootloader
	1.03 released from trunk, ok for sarge.
> partconf
	1.06 is ok assuming parted abi change goes into sarge. (ths
	uploading)
> partitioner
	0.29 is ok assuming parted abi change goes into sarge.
> partman/partman
	62 is potentially ok, if parted abi change goes into sarge, and
	pending review of other changes in version 62 and 61.
> partman/partman-basicfilesystems
	38 released from trunk, ok for sarge.
> partman/partman-basicmethods
	26 released from trunk, ok for sarge.
> partman/partman-efi
	8 released from trunk, ok for sarge.
> partman/partman-ext2r0
	1.5 in trunk is ok for sarge. (tbm uploading)
> partman/partman-ext3
	35 released from trunk, ok for sarge.
> partman/partman-jfs
	12 released from trunk, ok for sarge.
> partman/partman-lvm
	30 released from trunk, ok for sarge.
> partman/partman-md
	20 released from trunk, ok for sarge.
> partman/partman-partitioning
	33 released from trunk, ok for sarge.
> partman/partman-prep
	Post sarge, I think.
> partman/partman-reiserfs
	25 released from trunk, ok for sarge.
> partman/partman-target
	34 released from trunk, ok for sarge.
> partman/partman-xfs
	24 released from trunk, ok for sarge.
> prebaseconfig
	Has a new code change in trunk, don't know if this will make
	sarge or not; if not the translations should be applied to sarge
	branch and a release done from there.
> preseed
	Branched for sarge; translations need to be updated in sarge
	branch and a release done from there.
> rescue
	Not in sarge.

--