RE: Problem with instalation of Sarge on computer with SATA disc

-----Original Message-----
From: Miroslav Kure [mailto:kurem@vychodil.inf.upol.cz] On Behalf Of
Miroslav Kure
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 9:43 AM
To: Kubelka Juraj (IFTR IT MFG)
Subject: Re: Problem with instalation of Sarge on computer with SATA
disc

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 08:53:44AM +0100, Juraj.Kubelka@infineon.com
wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've tried install Sarge on Dell computer with one SATA disc and one
> ATA disc. During installation it worked fine. I chose "linux26".
> Everything were detected. I created LVM space for /home, /usr, /var
> and /tmp directories on SATA disc. But after restart it didn't work
> because it didn't detect SATA disc before examination fsck.ext3 (and
> also before searching LVM space).

Could you please provide version of used media? (date -- can be found on
the F1 screen before booting installer, branch -- unstable / testing)

--
Miroslav Kure

I'm sorry I forgot it. Date is 2004-12-17 (DVDs). From sources.list:

deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Sarge_ - Official Snapshot i386
Binary-2 (20041217)]/ unstable contrib main
deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Sarge_ - Official Snapshot i386
Binary-1 (20041217)]/ unstable contrib main

I'm apologize but I cannot try it again with newer version, server is
already running.

Jura

--
Juraj Kubelka