Re: rc2 status update

Joey Hess wrote:
> The following issues are contributing to delaying the rc2 release:

Update to the update, we have:

>  - A new netcfg is needed to properly support WEP. It's built on all
>    arches except sparc.

Turns out it didn't work. An even newer netcfg needs some testing and
has not even been uploaded yet. It also seems to fuzzy a string, which
is bad news. :-/

   - Need new kbd-chooser to fix #280122, which I'm told is RC because
     it affects powerpc installs which use 2.6 by default. I think a fix
     is being worked on but we don't have one yet.

>  - Changes in build/ to support hppa 2.6 kernels need new udebs that are
>    not yet in testing. I don't know if the current udebs are ready yet.
>    These changes also probably need associated debian-cd fixes.
>    There's also a base-installer change needed to install the right
>    kernel.
>    I haven't decided to let this block the release yet, I could upload
>    debian-installer w/o them. Leaning toward giving the hppa people as
>    much time as possible to add 2.6 support though, since they really
>    need it.

This may be in a working state, but has not yet been tested.

--
see shy jo