Re: SATA on Dell PowerEdge SC420

> > It turns out I needed to 'modprobe ata_piix' for the SATA to appear as a SCSI
> > device - I don't know if this is something the d-i team would like to bear in
> > mind as SATA becomes more common?
>
> Yeah, this is why the lspci output is important so that the bug may be
> assigned to discover-data...
>

> So, what we need you to do is report a bug against the discover-data
> package with "lspci -n" and "lspci -v" output, mentioning the lack of
> automatic load of the needed module for your SATA controller, and the
> name of the needed module (in that case "ata_piix")

I had the same problem in #275428. Same basic chipset (ICH6).
ata_piix is not in the "linux" d-i kernel (upstream did not merge it into
2.4.x until 2.4.28-pre1, before that it had to be patched in).
So it may be that these bugs should be given to kernel-image?

However the 2.6 kernel did work for me (linux26), but not for Gavin.
So, Gavin, your lspci output would be quite useful to sort this out.

Regards
Vince