Re: SATA on Dell PowerEdge SC420

(apologies for breaking the thread)

OK, after a big grep of the kernel source, the SATA disk controller + disk are
now detected, and the rest of the pre-reboot install executed perfectly.

It turns out I needed to 'modprobe ata_piix' for the SATA to appear as a SCSI
device - I don't know if this is something the d-i team would like to bear in
mind as SATA becomes more common?

I still have a problem with the real-time clock on the machine - any 'hwclock'
call from configuring the base system, or even /etc/init.d/hwclock at startup
freezes the execution - I need to press Ctrl-C to get things moving again :/

I especially don't understand because running 'hwclock --show --localtime'
manually works perfectly... :/

Cheers,
Gavin.