Re: initrd testing

On Tue, 18 May 2004 18:14:38 +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> Make sure that it has the same block size as cramfs (which is the same
> as the page size on your arch).  Otherwise the cramfs probing will
> kill the initrd contents.
>
> Of course make sure that ext2 is actually compiled in as well.

It is compiled in, of course.

You say that I should use the page size as the block size. However, on
sparc64 this is 8192, and ext2 blocks only work in 1, 2, and 4 K blocks.

Should I assume 4096 is ok for these? Testers are at a premium, I'd like
to see if I can get it right the first time.

This could be related to the fact that CDs only work on sparc32 right now.
Or maybe not: BLOCKSIZE is by default 1024 for genext2fs.

I might try cramfs if this does not work out. I've recently enabled these
options as 'y' for sparc kernels across the board.

--
Joshua Kwan