Re: German translation of the Sarge Installation Manual

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 09:06:29PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
[...]
> If you like, I can create a 'de' subdirectory containing the current English
> documents (and add an 'install.de.xml' document in the build directory); you
> can then replace these one doc at a time with German translations. You will
> have be alert for changes in the original English documents to keep the
> German translation in sync with the English version (this is fairly easy with
> SVN).
[...]

outdated translations, which have been adapted to SVN.
  $ cd debian-installer/installer/doc/manual
  $ ./doc-check fr
  en/partitioning/device-names.xml : 11648 -> 12766
  en/preparing/backup.xml : 11648 -> 12756
  en/preparing/preparing.xml : 11648 -> 12756
  en/preparing/install-overview.xml : 11648 -> 11573
  [...]

You only have to write a special comment in your translated XML files:
  <!-- original version: SVN_revision -->
where SVN_revision is of course the SVN revision of the English file
being translated.  See for instance French translation.

Denis