d-i manual license

Hi all,
I've been having a look at the new Debian installation guide using
debian-installer
(http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/index.html).
The front page says that the manual is licensed under the GNU GPL. But
then, the first section ("Installing Debian GNU/Linux (maybe 3.1) For
i386") says:

"We require that you properly attribute Debian and the authors of this
document on any materials derived from this document. If you modify and
improve this document, we request that you notify the authors of this
document, via <debian-boot@lists.debian.org>."

As you must know, that "notification clause" at least is incompatible
with the GPL, and with the Debian Free Software Guidelines as well
(fails the "desert island" test).
I'm sure that you'll want to correct that.

Gerardo Ballabio

Dr. Gerardo Ballabio
c/o CINECA - Sistemi ad Alte Prestazioni
via Magnanelli 6/3
I-40033 Casalecchio di Reno (Italy)
tel. +39/0516171722
E-mail: g.ballabio@cineca.it