Re: Default partition table type for non i386?

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 09:15:08AM -0600, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 02:11:33PM +0000, Richard Hirst wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 10:05:48AM +0200, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Can people working on non-i386 tell how we can find the default
> > > partition table type.  This is necessary for the autopartitioner of
> > > partman to work on them and will also simplify the dialog for creation
> > > of new partition table.
> > >
> > > Currently parted supports the following partition tables:
> > >
> > > bsd, gpt, mac, dvh, msdos, pc98, sun and amiga.
> >
> > hppa/parisc uses msdos.
> > ia64 uses gpt.
> > m68k is tricky, but the vme subarchs use msdos.
>
> The m68k mac subarch uses mac and the amiga subarch uses amiga. I don't
> think that atari is supported in partman.

No, but there was someone who contacted me to add atari support some
time ago, i was going to write a howto for him or something, but never
got around to it. Maybe i should try recontacting him.

Altough i believe atari support is some msdos derivative, isn't it ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther