No desktop

Hello,

I think I need your help. I have installed Debian 3.0r2 several times
from scratch from non-us CD. I can't get it to boot up into KDE or
Gnome. I've tried with the default kernel, and with bf24.

My system is AMD Athlon 900, ECS K7S5A motherboard, 512 Megs, with a ATI
Rage Fury Pro/Xpert 2000 Pro video card with 32 Megs. I've tried
installing on IDE Western Digital WD1200JB and on SCSI through Adaptec
2940W on a Compaq Wide Ultra2 BB00921B91 drive.

Thank you,

Murray Henderson - Kitchener, Ontario, Canada