Re: release status

Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 08:39:23PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
>
> > A few things that porters need to do soon, if you have a port that
> > mostly works. Consider these mandatory for release:
> >
> >  - Get daily builds working.
> >  	Currently working: alpha, i386, ia64, m68k, sparc
>
> I now have m68k daily builds at
> <http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/images-m68k/daily>. They are now
> being built right off the archive (doesn't require anything out of cvs
> to work).
>
> >  - Get ISOs working and building daily, if applicable.
>
> Can I get m68k added to the build on gluck?

Sure, just set up a cron job to push your daily build over to gluck with
the daily-build script. Then coordinaty with manty@debian.org to get
debian-cd supporting m68k and building using the necessary images from
your build. I belive that manty wants to only build using files on gluck.

If you prefer, once you have the daily builds pushed to gluck, let me
know the url and I will update the ports status page to use it.

> On that subject, from a d-i perspective, the only difference between the
> subarchs is the kernel (on an initrd, that's modules). Only one subarch
> is cdrom-bootable, any reason I shouldn't try to combine all the
> subarchs onto one CD?

Don't see why not.

> >  - Get at least one successful, or nearly successful installation
> >    report.
>
> One fully successful (mac - 234770).
>
> >  - Make sure the debian-installer package builds for your arch in a
> >    clean chroot, and let me know so I can add your architecture to the
> >    control file. Currently only i386, powerpc, mips, and ia64 are listed.
>
> m68k works, please add it.

Excellent! I have added it and uploaded so we can see how it goes on the
autobuilder.

--
see shy jo