Kernel Update Failure

    Hi There.

    I have been trying to update my Kernel to 2.4.x from 2.2.20 (Woody). I edited /etc/lilo.conf to and added initrd, etc, and the computer boots will boot to X, however after updating the Kernel is lose most of my drivers including my network card and I get a massive list of unresolved deps in the boot screen. Is there any advise you can give me? I tried searching Debian.org, but the search engine is either broken or simply doesn't work in Windows. Any help would be appreciated.

    Rob

PS: Also if you could point me to the right email address to resolve an issue where I cannot open Konqeror or other DCOP based applications in KDE - I have checked KDE for support and only a dial-up issue exists. Since I don't have modems in anything and have high speed cable, I don't think this is the issue. Interestingly enough this KDE error shows up on a Celeron as well as on my old MPSparcSS10 architecture. Thank you again for your time.