Re: discover 2 test packages

Am Mit, den 24.12.2003 schrieb Gaudenz Steinlin um 13:46:
> Hi
>
> I fixed discover2 support in hw-detect yesterday (already in the archive
> thanks to joeyh) and now I uploaded discover2 packages for testing to my
> website:
> http://www.soziologie.ch/~steinlin/d-i/discover2/
>
> I renamed the packages to discover2-udeb and discover2-data-udeb. You
> have to change your pkg-lists to include them into your image.
> discover2-udeb is linked statically against libdiscover2 so you don't
> need to install any discover library. mklibs will probably copy libexpat
> to the image which is quite big. Someone has to build a -pic version of
> it to reduce the overhead of discover2.
>
> The discover2 package I consider nearly ready for upload and I will be
> looking for a sponsor soon. The discover2-data package needs some more
> work to be ready for an upload. I have to look over the build system
> again and make sure we include everything that currently is in
> discover-data (v1.5).
I updated the discover-data package and synced it with the latest
version of discover-data for discover1 (not yet in the archive). I
consider this nearly ready for an udeb-only upload now.

> Since I did not notice any packaging effort on the side of progeny in
> the last weeks I would like the 3rd way of the discover transition (see
> my mail on this) and upload discover2 packages which contain only the
> udebs really soon now.
Did someone test the packages or is somebody planing to do so? Or should
I just ask for a sponsor and upload the packages and we can see what
happens then?

Gaudenz