Re: BIDI Status in Debina Installer

On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 20:38, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Anmar Oueja]
> > Hello All:
> >
> > I would like to know the status of adding BIDI support to the Debian
> > Text-based interface installer.
>
> I suspect the important bug is <URL: http://bugs.debian.org/212962 >,
> and no one have added any info to it since I reported it.  I suggest
> starting with adding the language choice and the cdebconf
> translations, and then get them to display correctly.
>
> > This is important since I am working on translating the PO files for
> > the installer to Arabic.
>
> This sounds very good.  I look forward to your patches. :)

I apologise for not responding to this earlier; I have been working on
patches for BIDI for d-i (a fribidi udeb, patches for cdebconf and
newt), but all plans have been thrown into disarray by illness; my
family (me included !) we struck by flu and I'm struggling to get better
by Christmas.

I hope to post the patches ASAP.

Regards,
Alastair