Re: netcfg udeb_include on netinst images

Am Mon, den 22.12.2003 schrieb Joey Hess um 18:11:
> Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> > I agree with this. The best we can do for now is probably the following:
> > - netcfg and choose-mirror on businesscard
> > - netcfg on netinst (networking is needed for second stage)
> > - none of the above for full cd sets
>
> We probably need netcfg on full CDs for now as well, users will want to
> be able to use the network after reboot.

I only partly agree on this. As this is convenient for users that really
have a network it could be annoying to users that either don't have a
network card at all or which connect with a plain old analog modem.
IIRC the woody boot-floppies and base-config did not contain a mandatory
network configuration either so not including netcfg in full cd sets
would not be a step back.

> > Do you know how hard it would be to use the d-i netcfg in base-config?
> > Are all the features of cdebconf available in perl debconf?
>
> Everything exect progress bars and a few special debconf/whatever
> variables (debconf/showold iirc in in cdebconf). It should not be very
> hard, once we can get debs and udebs with the same names.
Then I will probably try to adapt it for base-config.

Gaudenz