Re: netcfg udeb_include on netinst images

Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> I agree with this. The best we can do for now is probably the following:
> - netcfg and choose-mirror on businesscard
> - netcfg on netinst (networking is needed for second stage)
> - none of the above for full cd sets

We probably need netcfg on full CDs for now as well, users will want to
be able to use the network after reboot.

> Do you know how hard it would be to use the d-i netcfg in base-config?
> Are all the features of cdebconf available in perl debconf?

Everything exect progress bars and a few special debconf/whatever
variables (debconf/showold iirc in in cdebconf). It should not be very
hard, once we can get debs and udebs with the same names.

> BTW, does anybody know where these udeb_include files are defined? Is
> this in debian-cd?

Yes, in data/sarge. I was editing them last night and have a pending
debian-cd commit with lots of fixes for d-i. Splitting the udeb_includes
for businesscard vs netinst is on my todo for that.

--
see shy jo